This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: program that doesn't require cygwin1.dll
- From: Nemeth Marton <nm127 at hszk dot bme dot hu>
- To: Michael Hoffman <grouse at mail dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:39:27 +0200 (MEST)
- Subject: Re: program that doesn't require cygwin1.dll
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Michael Hoffman wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Nemeth Marton wrote:
> > I read in the FAQ (http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC95) that $SUBJECT
> > is not possible.
> > But what about the Hello World! program with:
> > gcc -mno-cygwin hello.c
> Please read the previous FAQ entry, <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC94>.
OK, you are right.
I suggest to change the title of this question from
Can I build a Cygwin program that does not require cygwin1.dll at runtime?
Can I use Cygwin API statically linked?
Can I use Cygwin API statically linked (so it does not require
cygwin1.dll at runtime)?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html