This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: program that doesn't require cygwin1.dll
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- To: Nemeth Marton <nm127 at hszk dot bme dot hu>,Michael Hoffman <grouse at mail dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:09:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: program that doesn't require cygwin1.dll
- References: <Pine.WNT.4.44.0208091926290.1224-100000@barbecueworld>
At 03:39 PM 8/21/2002, Nemeth Marton wrote:
>On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Michael Hoffman wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Nemeth Marton wrote:
> > > I read in the FAQ (http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC95) that $SUBJECT
> > > is not possible.
> > >
> > > But what about the Hello World! program with:
> > > gcc -mno-cygwin hello.c
> > Please read the previous FAQ entry, <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC94>.
>OK, you are right.
>I suggest to change the title of this question from
>Can I build a Cygwin program that does not require cygwin1.dll at runtime?
>Can I use Cygwin API statically linked?
>Can I use Cygwin API statically linked (so it does not require
>cygwin1.dll at runtime)?
And I'll change the FAQ entry for you to read:
Can I build a Cygwin program that does not require cygwin1.dll at runtime?
I think that covers it, right?
Larry Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html