This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Possible bug with cygwin packaging of Ghostscript 7.0.5
- From: Dario Alcocer <alcocer at helixdigital dot com>
- To: Eivind Throndsen <eivind dot throndsen at oslo dot online dot no>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:09:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: Possible bug with cygwin packaging of Ghostscript 7.0.5
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:19:04AM +0200, Eivind Throndsen wrote:
> I just tried to upgrade my cygwin installation with the latest
> versions of GS in order to generate PDF files from Tex though ps2pdf.
> It appeared as if something may be wrong with either the way I did it
> (which is entirely possible, I did mess about a fair bit) or the
> cygwin 7.0.5-1 package. It turned out that just loading the default
> installed font set crashed.
This is a known issue with the 7.05-1 release. As soon as I have
some time, I'll make a new 7.05-2 release.
In the meantime, the workaround is to use binary mounts for both
/usr and any data directories that contain your Postscript input.
NOTE: I have redirected this discussion to the cygwin mailing list,
which is where package bugs are discussed.
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org -- http://www.helixdigital.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html