Re: CYGWIN application & MSVC dll

>  Date: 26 Aug 2002 22:31:25 -0700
>  From: "Lior Kauffman" <Lior.Kauffman@nsc.com>
>  Cc: cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
>
>  is there are special guidelines for building the MSVC compiled DLL
>  (dlltool ?)

>From Visual Studio, set the project type to be a relocable library
(DLL).  I ended up hand-editing its .def file to list the exportable
functions; for some reason __cdecl did not work for me.

>  how do I load the MSVC compiled DLL from the CYGWIN application (by
>  which command ?)

I used dlltools to load the DLL at runtime; see this older mailing list
post:

Now if you're referring to linking to the DLL at compile time, see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html#DLL-LINK.  Note that I have not
personally done this yet; I have only built and used relocatable MSVC
DLLs.

I've also built and used relocatable Cygwin DLLs, but gave up after
this:  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg01002.html, with a
follow-up at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg01046.html.

--
Jason Tang  /  tang@jtang.org  /  http://www.jtang.org/~tang