This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Xerces Compilation Problem
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Igor Pechtchanski <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:59:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Xerces Compilation Problem
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
> This has come up a few times in the past. Setting this via 'ulimit -m'
> would really help, IMO. Is the reboot really needed for this (i.e., does
> the cygwin dll read this value only once on load, and if so, is there a
> way of making it read the value over)? If the reboot can be avoided, I'll
> look into the ulimit solution.
AFAIK ulimit doesn't work, you can try to change the registry, terminate
all Cgywin processes and start a new shell then. I tried today at
another box at first with 1GB, but failed, then I terminated some
programs and changed the heap setting to 512MB and after strating a new
shell it works then without reboot.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html