This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Request for clarification in cygwin setup
- From: "Gustavo Guerra" <gustavobt at mail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:45:29 +0100
- Subject: Request for clarification in cygwin setup
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
In the Cygwin Setup what does exactly means setting "Default Text File Type"
to DOS or Unix? I don't find it anywhere on the docs or FAQs. It means that
the text files part of the cygwin distribution will be in that format, that
all the files we create will have that as a default, something else? What
are the pros of selecting Unix? Isn't selecting DOS more compatible with the
rest of Windows?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html