This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with my spanish Keyboard.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:36:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem with my spanish Keyboard.
- References: <20020828093256.5433.XABI.VAZQUEZ@eresmas.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 09:36:45AM +0200, Xabier Vázquez Gallardo wrote:
> Hi there:
> I installed cygwin in my computer (English Win XP with Spanish
> Keyboard) my neither bash or rxvt wont display my spanish characters
> like (&ncute;, á etc etc).
> If I run sh i can type these characters, but other keys doesn't
> work and screen shows somwthing like:
> $ sh
> \033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
> $ ññá
The weird characters are the prompt in PS1 which works in bash but
not in ash.
> Can you please help me with this problem? I would like to use rxvt.
Did you try setting LANG?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html