This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
gcc3.2 vs gcc2.95 - devolution never stops
- From: "Hans Horn" <hannes at 2horns dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:17:47 -0700
- Subject: gcc3.2 vs gcc2.95 - devolution never stops
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
I just upgraded my old cygwin inst from february (1.3.10) to the latest
(1.3.12.?) and am utterly displeased with what was done to gcc and the libs
that come with it.
none of my code compiles any more (due to missing ostream::form(), R.I.P.).
reverting back to the "old" compiler (using gcc-2 instead of gcc), however,
doesn't link because refs to ostream::endl, ostream::operator<<, and such
Please tell me that I am doing something terribly stupid!
p.s. taking away ostream::form() w/o replacement almost feels like a stunt
Micro$oft would have done to its developers
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html