This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New install on Win XP, no rpm so can't intall anything
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "jim brown" <jim dot brown at smartarrays dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:47:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: New install on Win XP, no rpm so can't intall anything
- References: <3D6FA7BE.34D3AD21@smartarrays.com>
jim brown wrote:
> I did a brand new clean install of cygwin from the internet.
> I installed all the packages.
> rpm fails with
> bash: rpm: No such file or directory
> I searched for anything named rpm and got this:
> $ find -name rpm*
> switching to /lib/mc/extfs/ and executing
> ./rpm -i xxx.rpm produces nothing (there is no package xxx.rpm)
> What have I done wrong?
Nothing - except assume Cygwin uses rpm. It doesn't. There has been a little
discussion about maybe-possibly using rpm in the future, but no more than that.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html