This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installing & configuring local POP or IMAP server - solved
- From: jffabre <jffabre at free dot fr>
- To: jim dot george at blueyonder dot co dot uk
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:12:38 +0200
- Subject: Installing & configuring local POP or IMAP server - solved
Ironic or what? Your email praising SpamAssassin caused my copy to treat
it as spam :)
So did you reply because it included my message :)
thanks for the reply. I had another reply already. I installed qpopper,
changed some stuff in /etc/inetd.conf and it works fine. Now all my
accounts are gathered to my /var/mail mbox, and netscape downloads the
mail from the localhost server. I'm happy (for now :)).
Anyway I would recommend installing the cygwin version of imapd (see the
Archives from about 2 or 3 months ago). I use it with outlook from another
box, indeed my whole family now get their mail through my box thanks to
Jason's modification of fetchmail/procmail to run setuid.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html