Re: problem report: gawk 3.1.1

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> In fact, while I'm at it I'm sick of this corporate disclosure
> disclaimer bs.  People, please don't send that crap here, it's a waste
> of space when we get 1 line of content and 2 pages of disclosure crap.
> It isn't that hard to pick up the phone and yell at your IT personnel to
> cut that crap for messages going to this list.

I agree.  If the company IT department is not cooperating, there's always
Yahoo! Mail... ;-)

> I'd even go so far as to suggest that messages with such content be
> autofiltered as spam.

Well, not to step on anyone's toes here, but I, for one, think that the
spam filter needs to be reconfigured.  I tried sending the screen
announcement ( http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg00419.html )
SEVEN times yesterday, until it finally got through the spam filter, with
much cutting and rephrasing.  Adding more rules to the spam filter will
only increase the likelihood of rejecting legitimate postings.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95.  Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file