Re: What is the porformance lost running cygwin?

I just compared various things on this machine with a dirctory with over
100 files about 33 mb:

cygwin bash cp -pr src dest - 33 seconds
dos xcopy src dest /E - 15 seconds
windows edit->copy edit->paste 42 seconds
linux (different machine 600 MHz same files) cp -pr src dest - 25 seconds

I don't think this is that much slower?

-Scott