Cscript.exe no longer executable

Sirs,
I recently installed the latest version of OpenSSH on our W2K test system
which ships with Cygwin1.dll V 1.3.12.
I now find that we can no longer execute any VBS scripts from an SSH session
as the cscript.exe gives an error:
"The application could not be initialized correctly (0xc0000005) Click on OK
to terminate the application"
when we try to initialise it.
I have a work around from a previously reported problem which is to load an
older version of the dll (1.3.10)
which allows us to execute these scripts but unfortunately gives us another
problem in that it takes around 30 seconds to setup the ssh connection.
Can we have a fix for 1.3.12 to allow us to execute cscript.exe without
suffering the delays in the login process.
Thanks.