Checking mount points

What is the easiest way to check if /home/$USER (or some other
directory) has been mounted (either system-wide or user-only)? I know
that I can use regtool (checking both the system and user keys) or parse
the output from "mount",  but I was hoping for something as simple as
typing "isitmounted /home/$USER" and have the unknown isitmounted
command return an appropriate exit status.

I'm trying to write startup scripts so that mount points get set
automatically when running cygwin from a network share (but I don't to
override /home/$USER if that already exists.)

The mount man page seems to refer to a man page for mount-table but I
haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,
Tony Richardson