Trying to print from cygwin - help needed

I am trying to print a file under win2000 directly
from cygwin. I have searched the archives and
found a reference to using a2ps (which would be
difficult to add to me installation of cygwin)
and a mention of using a form such as
"//host/printer-name" to specify a printer.

I have not been able to get the latter to work.

Also, if there is such a proper incantation, could it
be used with enscript as well as lpr.

Also^2, how would this work with the "P" emacs command?

Also^3, how would I print in landscape mode from
lpr (or emacs)?

Thanks

Martin Cohen