Re: Re: date/time preserving in file transfer

Teodoro,

The Reply-To: field is intended to direct the replies at that address
instead of the From: address.  In my email it was (and is now) set to the
cygwin list.  Please kindly keep your replies there.  If your mailer
ignores the Reply-To: field, then maybe it's time to switch to a new
mailer.

To answer your query, no, it's not very much clearer to me (although
someone else on the list may be of help, which is why it's good to keep
these sorts of discussions on-list.

I could venture a guess that 'SSH Secure File Transfer' means sftp, and
that you're using two different servers on the two machines.  In this
case, it seems that you have some differences in the configurations of the
two ssh servers.

Why not try using 'scp', which is the secure equivalent of the Unix 'cp'
command?  It uses the same options, in particular, the '-p' option which
preserves dates and times of the transfered files.  If 'scp' is not able
to do what you need, then you probably have some serious problems with the
sshd configuration, which others on this list might be able to help you
solve.  If scp is able to preserve dates and times, then you simply need
to find what part of the default configuration for sshd is responsible for
that, and change it accordingly.

To reiterate, please keep your replies on the list.  This allows other
people to join the discussion and offer useful opinions.  There is also no
need to Cc: me, as I'll get all the messages going to the list anyway.

Good luck,
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51