RE: crontab fails to change crontab file: "no changes made to crontab"

My assumptions were:

   1. You are running NTFS as your file system on your disk.  Is this
assumption correct?

   2. You have set the CYGWIN environment variable to include 'ntsec
binmode', and that you set this variable's value using the Control
Panel's System applet.  Is this assumption correct?