RE: "Application failed to initialize (0xc0000022)"

Now I'm pretty convinced it's not a rebase thing but
some time of security/access issue.

I found a few references in MSDN referring to this error
message. They seem to have to do with access rights and
directories searched for a DLL (e.g., if you don't have
rights to a network drive in your path). That particular
problem isn't happening, but at least it's a lead.

Hmmm... Could the SHM extension be causing something like
a setuid()? Perhaps I have to bounce over to the XFree86
list after all...

-Jerry