Re: New cygwin & .dir_colors

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Soren A soren_andersen@fastmail.fm
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 04:15:29 +0000 (UTC)
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: New cygwin & .dir_colors

"Jelks Cabaniss" <jelks@jelks.nu> wrote around 14 Oct 2002
001c01c273af$bee42910$6601a8c0@blackie:">news:001c01c273af$bee42910$6601a8c0@blackie:

> Just installed the new cygwin and the old directory listing colors are
> no longer recognized.  Now it only distinguishes between normal files
> (red), directories (dark blue), and links (cyan).  It used to
> distinguish between the file types too, i.e., .zip, .c, .txt, .jpg were
> all in different colors.  Why does the new cygwin not allow this, or
> better, how do I enable it with the new cygwin?

<snip>

The dircolors command in Cygwin should, IMHO, output its database with a
line containing 'TERM cygwin', and the version I use doesn't do that. I
recognize your description of the colors as the default cygwin
`ls --colors' output, that's what it does when no LS_COLORS has been
provided.

Sounds like an argument for a patch.  Care to submit one?

Larry