Re: ssh refuses to enter binmode. WinCVS problem explained? Try a snapshot!

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 05:50:09PM -0400, Andrew Greene wrote:
>I upgraded to the latest cygwin this morning (not sure when I last
>did) and ssh is suddenly replacing LF with CRLF. This prevents Unison
>from working, along with who knows what else (I'm afraid to try CVS!)

That's interesting.  Corinna apparently built ssh with textmode.o.
Cygwin 1.3.13 honors that when opening files at the "dos prompt" and so
output will always have CRLF line endings.  This probably explains the
problems with WinCVS.

I can guess why ssh is linked with textmode.o but I don't know why it
isn't eventually setting its standard output appropriately.  I would
have expected it do do so.  Hmm.  If only there was some source I could
consult about this...

Anyway, I've checked in a patch that may or may not be temporary.  I'll
have to talk to Corinna and decide.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a new snapshot which works around this
problem.  Please try downloading it.

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

You may have to hit refresh your browser to get the latest snapshot
since there has been more than one snapshot generated today.

cgf