Openssh client under X

Hey there,

I have a real weird problem with running the openssh client under X. When
I connect to another machine via ssh, it prompts me for the password, and
then the session is terminated just after I am logged in.

unfortunately, I dont have root access on the machine I want to ssh to, so
I cant start sshd with -D there.

It works perfectly when I do it without starting X.

Anyone else come across this problem?

I'm not a subscriber to the list, so please reply to me as well as the
list if you have any input.

/jay.