RE: Openssh client under X

> because if it works from cygwin bash - and not from an xterm in xwin -
the
> two differences which spring to mind are the fact you have your display
> variable set - and the term variable will be xterm instead of cygwin.

I like this track of thought. Just what I was thinking... I havent been
fiddling with this much since my last post, but for the record:

unset DISPLAY
export TERM=cygwin

...doesnt help a bit. same symptoms. And "ssh -x" doesnt help like Igor
suggested. (but thanx for the input!) My login scripts on the other
machine dont play with any variables except PATH. What windows systems
do you guys run? I'm doing all of this on an WinXP box.
But I dont see how that could matter, since it works outside
X. Work has gotten in the way of playing around with this more. If anyone
has followed this thread and have similar symptoms, I wouldnt mind sharing
experiences with ssh/X/cygwin.

Thanx everyone who gave some input. If I put more energy into this and
figure out what the problem was, I'll let ya'll know. (but dont hold your
breath, as I am swamped with "real" work.)  %-)

/Jay.

"what we do in life echoes in eternity."
               - Maximus Decimus Meridus