RE: WinSCP

If I understand your question correctly, this is a Putty-specific question, and you have contacted the wrong forum.

Cygwin has it's own ssh client for Windows -- but that is not what you are using (and installing Cygwin just for ssh is probably overkill).

Look for help off the Putty homepage (Google) and you should have better luck getting an answer.