Re: don't want leading underscore

> >I want to be binary compatible with linux and other operating systems.
>
> Binary compatible? That really has little meaning since there's far more to
> binary compatibility than how symbols from the program source code are or
> are not adorned when emitted into the object code files.

Of course, but that is one of the incompatibility.

> Apparently it can be changed. If GCC under Linux doesn't prepend the
> underscore and under Cygwin it does, then it's at some level configurable.
> Get the GCC book ("Using and Porting GNUCC").

Yes one would think so.

> This excerpt from the output of "gcc -dumpspecs" suggests leading
> underscores is a configurable option (though I don't know why both
> "leading-underscore" and "no-leading-underscore" are listed:

The problem is that this command line options didn't work.
Of course the only thing that I have to do is to change the compiler source.
I've done this already, but this is not the solution. (just changing bsd.h a bit)
Than I've the problem getting symbols with underscores. (there should be an
working option)
This is just a bad implementation ... or should I say BUG in Gcc.

Benjamin Kalytta