RE: gcc error on cygwin

As requested at http://cygwin.com/bugs.html:

o Please describe how to reproduce the problem,
  including a test case, if possible.

o Please include at least the version number of the
  Cygwin release you are using along with the
  operating system name and its version number,
  for example, "cygwin v1.3.13 under NT 4.0".

o Most of the information about your Cygwin environment
  is listed by running 'cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.txt'.
  Please include cygcheck.txt *AS AN ATTACHMENT* to your
  report.  It is important that you include it as an
  attachment so that searches of the mailing-list archives
  give fewer false matches.

For your test case, it would be helpful for you to
provide:

  1. A small amount of code that can reproduce the
     problem.

  2. The compilation/link commands that you are
     using to generate 'a.exe'.