Re: Process does not respond to signals on read() of win32 handle

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:09:21PM -0500, sanjayl@mindspring.com wrote:
>thanks for the info.  If I pass any "/dev/com" to
>_cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd() it core dumps :-(.

Not for me.  You should actually be passing /dev/com1 in this case.  I
didn't pay close attention to your code but was taking your word that
you were using COM0 rather than COM1.  Your test case uses COM1.

>What is the significance of the name param. Does it create a device node
>within the cygwin layer??

"If you don't pass the name of a known device to
cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd it assumes it is a fast device for which no
special signal handling is necessary."

/dev/com[0-9] are known devices.  /dev/tap isn't.

>Can it be any path??  I am guessing from what you said, that if it is any
>random path, it is assumed to be a fast device?

"If you don't pass the name of a known device to
cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd it assumes it is a fast device for which no
special signal handling is necessary."

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .