Alternate Cygwin download methods (was Re: NO huge packages, please!)

Randall R Schulz <rrschulz@cris.com> wrote:
> Well, that's what shell scripts are for, right? Personally, I have a
> very low threshold of reuse or repetition before I dash off a script
> to relieve me of "manual" effort. I just hate repeating myself!
>
> Be sure to review Max Bowsher's recent mail about the Setup code.
> Apparently it (Setup's source) is in slight disarray with some ongoing
> enhancements in progress.

I thought I might as well mention my download method:
I wrote a little script to get a setup.ini file from a mirror, and then use
Michael Chase's clean_setup.pl to make a list of URLs to get, and pass that
to wget. I then invoke clean_setup.pl again, which tidys the files away into
their correct location in the directory tree.
The great advantage is:- You can mirror only [curr] files, and clean_setup
can delete/move files as the become [prev]. Plus, you can exclude packages
by globbing on the package name.

Max.