Terminating spawned cygwin programs from the starting application

Hi

I am kinda new in cygwin and i need some help.

What i do now.
I have a win32 application. In that i am launching using
CreateProcess, ssh. Also i intercept stdin, stdout and stderr using
pipes.

What i want to do:
At a certain point in time i want to terminate the ssh process i
launched

The problem:
Now i am terminating the process using TerminateProcess. It seems
that its not really a good idea. When i try to close the handle of
the pipe for stderr with CloseHandle the application freezes, never
comes back from that. It looks to me like its a deadlock inside or
something. I also have a thread that listens when something is
written in stderr and that freezes too in FileRead call.

What other possible ways of terminating i have. I was thinking to
emulate a CTRL+C but i don't know so much of cygwin internals.

Thanks
Best regards
Mihai

--