Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes

Gary,

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> On Friday 15 Nov 2002 4:12 pm, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >
> > I don't know much about rebase, but I do have a few minor comments related
> > to cygwin.  See below.
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > First off, non-cygwin programs will at best see \cygwin\usr\bin as empty,
> > and at worst it won't exist at all.  /usr/bin in cygwin is a mount point
> > for /bin, and its contents (which are the same as those of /bin) can only
> > be seen by cygwin programs.
>
> Fair enough, I've changed my references to c:\cygwin\bin where required.
>

> > Secondly, you'll need to post the exact errors you're getting from rebase.
> > One possibility that comes to mind is that the DLLs are in use, and thus
> > rebase fails to write to them.  Are you certain you are not running any
> > programs that use these DLLs?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't redirect the output from the batch file so, but I'll

You can use standard redirection in the command prompt (i.e. 'a.bat >
a.out').  Failing that, you can select text in a command window and paste
it into a message (using Alt-Spc -> Edit -> Mark in Win2k, I believe Win9x
has something similar).

> type example error messages here (I'm also getting another error having fixed
> a number of errors in the batch - included again below):
>
> c:\cygwin\bin\cygtclpip80.dll: skilled because not rebaseable
> ReBaseImage (C:\cygwin\bin\tix4180.dll) failed with last error = 6
>
> I get the  not rebaseable error on the libphp4.dll file.
>
> > Thirdly, you cannot run the same script as both a batch file and a shell
> > script.  The differences between the two scripts may hold a clue as to why
> > it's not working.
>
> I understand this and did make the appropriate differences e.g. DOS commands
> instead of BASH ones, DOS/Unix file format etc.  However based on the bit
> about REBASE not being a Cygwin app, the .sh file has been dumped.

Well, I don't *know* that rebase is not a cygwin app, I just made a guess
based on some earlier comment by its author.  He's the ultimate authority
on this...  However, you can easily run non-cygwin programs from bash, as
long as you're careful with filename conventions, so I don't see why you
had to dump the bash script...

All I was trying to do was help you post the exact commands and error
message, so people with knowledge on the subject (e.g., Jason Tishler)
would have an easier time getting to the root of the problem.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51