Re: Discussing NetworkSimplicity (was: Re: SSHD on NT4...(SOLVED!!!))

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 20:35, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Robert Collins <rbcollins@cygwin.com> wrote:

> But newbies wouldn't know to run it.

1) Link on the home page.
2)

'Help, installing cygwin fails.
Run the pre-install checker from the homepage.
Oh, that picked up *lots* of things, I've done what it said and it's all
ok now.'

Think: common control version checking for setup.exe, old registry entry
detection, cygwin1.dll in %systemroot%/system[32].

> Besides, it needs to be run *before*
> setup.exe - so why not just add the relevant code to setup.exe?
> All the mount handling code is already there, so it should be fairly simple.

The above should give a hint to my thoughts here.

Also, how to discriminate between a deliberate choice of a different
root and a broken/confused user.

Rob
--
---