ls problem

Hello,

I've been using cygwin for 3 years now and last week, I downloaded the
latest cygwin from one of the mirrors and everything in well except for one
problem.  I noticed that whenever I type 'ls -', the output gets delayed for
a few seconds.  This never happened to me using the old cygwin.  I checked
the man pages of  ls and I didn't find a clue on how to make its output
faster.

I got to the /bin directory and did a 'time ls -l' and these are the
results.

real    0m3.942s
user    0m0.249s
sys     0m0.530s

This is my current bash version :

$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(5)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)

Then, the current ls version:

$ ls --version
ls (fileutils) 4.1
Written by Richard Stallman and David MacKenzie.

The fileutils version is "fileutils-4.1-1".

The queer thing is that the fileutils version of my former cygwin package is
exactly the same as with the new one.
Any help to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,