Re: Errors when building setup.exe

Thomas Chadwick <j_tetazoo@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the source for the Cygwin setup program (via setup), ran
> configure, and then make.  All went smoothly until this:
[errors snipped]
> Shouldn't this package build cleanly "out of the box"?

It did, when it was released.

Setup was only recently ported to compile with gcc3.

Get the latest source from cvs. That should compile cleanly.
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html

Max.

PS to Robert Collins: Perhaps the setup source tarball should be removed
from the mirrors? Its so old as to be impractical to use now.