Re: Bug in Cygwin SSHD on windows XP

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:59:18PM +0100, arBmind@web.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> i want to report a serious bug in the current Cygwin SSH-Deamon implementation at Windows XP.
>
> error message (occurs on SSH-Client):
> > Last login: Wed Nov 27 21:43:22 2002 from localhost
> > G:\CygWin\bin\bash.exe: *** could not load wsock32, Win32 error 126
>
> how to reproduce this error:
> - you need windows XP (tested only on XP Professional, while win2k prof works well)
> - login with public key authorisation (error occurs imediately, no login possible)
> - login with password authorisation (works), and open another shell or sftp for this session (tested with the current "ssh.com"-client)

I'm running XP Prof and sshd is running as service under LocalSystem.
I have two accounts, one has Admin rights, the other is a simple
user account.  I'm logging in using public key authentication.

I'm unable to reproduce this problem.  It works fine for me.  I don't
have problems with ping or any other application not finding wsock32.dll.

What does the system PATH environment variable look like?
What does the ACL of ${windir}/system32/wsock32.dll look like?
And, just being curious, what is the value of the registry entry
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\SafeDllSearchMode
if available?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.