Re: cygwin + Apache "out of the box": dlopen: Win32 error 126

Hi,

What does line 237 of httpd.conf contain? Does libphp4.dll exist in /usr/lib/apache?

Run the below and see if you have all of the dll's that are printed out by cygcheck:

Cygwin> cygcheck /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll

If you have everything you need your next step should be to rebase the dll's:

There's probably threads ive missed so use the search facility on http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/ to look for pointers on this issue.

Youll need rebase:

Cygwin> cd /tmp
Cygwin> wget http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/rebase/rebase.exe
Cygwin> rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 /lib/apache/*.dll

Please read the above threads and whatever you get from the search because im not sure if i have the base correct.

Hi, all!!

I've just re-installed cygwin after a clean install of W2K.
I'm trying to get a working system as close as possible to the one I had
before, so I installed Cygwin, and the apache and mod_php... and when
I've tried to get apache to run, I get:

Cygwin> /usr/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error
126
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

error 126 means something like "file not found"... but I have _no_ clue
as to what .dll or file it's missing!!

Yes the error 126 means the module could not be loaded:

[root@webdev]:{366}:% net helpmsg 126

The specified module could not be found.

The _strangest_ thing is that running "Dependency walker" on my
(**working**) old system against libphp4.dll and libssl.php (both will
throw the same mistake when trying to run apache), and I get a bunch of
unresolved dependencies!!:

in libphp4.dll:
CYGBZ21.0.DLL
CYGCRYPTO.DLL
CYGHTTPD.DLL
CYGINTL-1.DLL
CYGWIN1.DLL
CYGXML2-2.DLL
CYGZ.DLL
PQ.DLL

There are a couple more deps,
KERNEL32.DLL
LIBPHP4.DLL
NTDLL.DLL

which _are_ resolved.

in libssl.dll:
CYGCRYPTO.DLL
CYGGDBM.DLL
CYGHTTPD.DLL
CYGSSL.DLL
CYGWIN1.DLL

Again, these deps are OK:
KERNEL32.DLL
LIBSSL.DLL
NTDLL.DLL

So, I have to admit I'm feeling more than a little lost... _any_ help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

    Javier