RE: Updated: lynx-2.8.4-3

-- 8< --

Hi...
 Just want to let it be known so that it can be investigated further...
 Following description *known* to apply to Windows 98SE.
 Others: unknown.

 There seems to a analogous problem with "startx" as far as I can
understand: I have

set SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:30720
set COMSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM

in CONFIG.SYS, "SHELL" is copied into the bash environment...
therefore I currently have this two-minute-tweak in ~/.profile

if echo "$SHELL " | grep -i -c command.com >/dev/null
then
  export SHELL=
  echo "\"command.com\" found in \$SHELL, \$SHELL contents removed."
fi

... As SHELL is empty "startx" works as it should.

-- 8< --
> Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> Red Hat, Inc.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden