RE: symbols in Microsoft DLL's and Linking w/ them

Since this is a general inquiry without any specifics, I assume you're
looking for a general confirmation that linking against MS DLLs is
possible.  I can attest to that.  Generally speaking, when you run into
unresolved symbols, you need to find the DLLs/import libraries or static
libraries which define them and add them to your link line.  If you're
implying that the MS DLL that you're linking against doesn't export the
symbols that are unresolved, that's probably OK unless you're implying
that this is a different DLL and is the one that's supposed to resolve
the missing symbols.  But these are all details which you didn't send so
they're not worth much discussion.  Assuming that this turns out to be a
Cygwin-related issue and you can't find the answer to your problem with
further study, please refer to www.cygwin.com/bugs.html before posting a
followup message.  This will familiarize you with the information
requirements this list has for problem reports and related details.  Also,
you will more than likely want to post to cygwin@cygwin.com rather than
cygwin-apps@cygwin.com.  The former is the proper place for this kind of
inquiry, again assuming it's Cygwin-related.  I've redirected the discussion
there (and BCC'd cygwin-apps@cygwin.com to maintain a pointer from there).

Good luck,

Larry