Re: Emacs Problem

Frank, Scott,

This is more likely a Cygwin options problem than it is non-standard key bindings in Emacs.

This is reaching the proportions of a FAQ: You need to include "tty" in your CYGWIN environment variable, lest the Cygwin tty driver commandeer the CTRL-C and send a SIGINT when it's typed.

Randall Schulz

At 13:25 2003-01-15, Frank Schmitt wrote:
"Scott Purcell" <spurcell@vertisinc.com> writes:

> I run a standalone emacs on my box and when I quit I hit the keys [
> ctrl x c ] and it quits the app.  But in the one that runs in cygwin,
> it does not.

It's "control+c control+x" in Emacs language "C-x C-c". If this doesn't
work try "Meta+x save-buffers-kill-emacs RETURN" (Meta is usually the
Alt key under Cygwin, in Emacs terminology "M-x save-buffers-kill-emacs
RET").

If the C-x C-c doesn't work, this keys are probably bound in some way by
your terminal, over here using rxvt as terminal and tcsh as shell it
works as expected.