Re: cygrunsrv and apache

>  > cygrunsrv -I apache -d "Cygwin apache" -p /usr/sbin/httpd -a -k -e
> "CYGWIN=ntsec nosmbntsec binmode tty"
>
>           > cygrunsrv -S apache
>
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062:
> The service has not been started.

Unless I'm unaware of changes made recently apache does not work correctly
as a service (?). It seems to work seemlessly via the shell but not through
the service manager. There was talk a while ago about this being a problem
with cygwin's socket implementation but as other network daemons
(ftp,rsync,ssh,telnet) are still working I'm not so sure. If you search the
archives for variations of "apache" and "cygrunsrv" you may come up with
some answers.

Perhaps the package maintainer may wish to take over here... ;-)

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk