Re: xinted rsync bluescreen

Dan Holmsand wrote:
Danilo,

Danilo Turina wrote:

I also have a very similar problem (writing in /etc when X is running, always cause a BSOD, regardless of antivirus packages), if I can have that hacked cygwin1.dll I can try it on my systems and tell if it's the same problem.

Sure. I'll send you one in private mail.

/dan
Thank you. I tried the patched cygwin1.dll and BSOD not occurred (even with McAfee enabled).

After replacing the original cygwin1.dll BSOD not occurred anymore.
But note that this happened to me also in the past, i.e. in some cases (e.g. entirely disabling antivirus or with other tries) I was able to avoid BSOD.

When this happened to me, restoring the original conditions did not immediately cause BSOD to reappear immediately, but only after a while.

Unfortunately I'm unable to understand what made the BSOD reappear (or what delayed it). I only had the sensation that once avoided the BSOD the first time, the system does not BSOD anymore even if the previous situation is restored (I think until a reboot). It is somewhat like the first time an handle must be requested or some resource must be allocated if this succeeds, the next time the system does not need anymore to perform that operation.

Ciao,

Danilo