Re: using text files unix<->windows<-> macintosh tip

It seems that if there's no editor for modifying
bootup scripts and if there's no alternative, the
editpad-lite editor for text end-of-line formatting
was emphasized in my original message, however once a
cygwin has been initialized i'd set my pointers up for
no other means than encouraging users to bend
themselves to vim and emacs...don't get me wrong!
cygwin does a great job preserving the cr-lf issues
while crossing windows partitions to edit text files
from within cygwin...i use vim most of the time on my
textfiles (after I manually setup cygwin) and so I
hope you too don't have to rely on non-cygwin tools...

asher

 --- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>
wrote: > At 12:47 PM 1/16/2003, Igor Pechtchanski