RE: cygpath question - Command Prompt Here

Howdy all!

Command Prompt Here
==========================

I got CommandPromptHere from this url:
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/CygwinPromptHere/

I then followed these steps:
$ tar xvzf CygwinPromptHere-20020528.tar.gz
$ cd CygwinPromptHere
$ ./install

Below is the result of my install. I am no quite sure what is going on, but
I think it is failing to find regtool entries.. Is this because I am running
Win XP?

For example, in my registry I have:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
but not
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/native

Any one used this program for Windows XP and got it working?

Rob
:)

SCREEN DUMP START ================================
This will install a "Cygwin Prompt Here" shell extension the will act like
Microsoft's "Command Prompt Here" (DosHere) Power Toy. This extension was
designed to insulate you from cygwin upgrades by not modifying any of the
distributed files nor making any assumptions about them except for the
existence of certain tools (regtool, cygpath, cut, cat, grep, sed and, of
course bash).

This 'install' will adapt to the version of Windows that you are using and
locate your cygwin root directory. It will modify the registry entries for
Drives and Directories under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, add a cygwin_indir.bat file
in
your cygwin root directory and append a few lines to your .bashrc.

The changes to your .bashrc will only be executed if you are running under
cygwin (I share my .bashrc with my Unix box.)

Would you like to continue? [y/n]

Unknown key prefix.  Valid prefixes are:
        root
        HKCR
        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
        config
        HKCC
        HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
        user
        HKCU
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER
        machine
        HKLM
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
        users
        HKU
        HKEY_USERS
cygpath: can't convert empty path
cygpath: can't convert empty path
grep: /home/Robert: No such file or directory
grep: Mark: No such file or directory
grep: Bram/.bashrc: No such file or directory
[: 0: unknown operand
Unknown key prefix.  Valid prefixes are:
        root
        HKCR
        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
        config
        HKCC
        HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
        user
        HKCU
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER
        machine
        HKLM
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
        users
        HKU
        HKEY_USERS
Access is denied.
A copy of the existing file '/cygwin_indir.bat' has been saved as:
/cygwin_indir.20030125.bat.

The installation is completed. Sometimes after running this install Windows
will give an "Access denied..." message when trying to start the shell.
If this occurs, updating the timestamp on the batch file used to start
the shell ('\cygwin.bat' or
'\cygwin_indir.bat') usually fixes the problem.

Enjoy,
Glen Coakley