Re: Mmap and semaphores?

Please check the sem_init return code first.
Cygwin does not support process shared semaphores at the moment.

Thomas

Elliot Mednick wrote:
Hello,

I'm try to write a client server application that used shared memory and
asemaphores.  Appended is a simple test case.  It works under Solaris
using the -lposix4 library.  But it doesn't work under Cygwin.  Given
the lack of any otherquestions about this, I imagine that I'm doing
something wrong, or it's functionality is limited.

The server maps a file as shared, inits a semaphore, then waits.  The
client, which you start after the server waits, shares the same file
(this part works) and attempts to post the semaphore.  The server ought
to -- but doesn't -- wake up.  It does in Solaris.