Re: Cygwin Release process

I realize it is a volunteer effort, and a good one, it
really makes windows much nicer to work with!  I am not
demanding or expecting anything.   I am only trying to
start a discussion that could lead to a possible solution.

I think that this could be done without "much" effort, or
the work of a single person.  I think with a little bit of
work, (and some extra disk), a system could be set up where
most of the work was pushed to the package maintainers.

I (being a package maintainer) would not mind the extra work.

If there were say a release of cygwin three times a year, where
all the curr packages where moved to cygwin-curr.   And only bug
fixes where allowed into the cygwin-curr setup tag.   Maintainers
of individual packages could either fix bugs found in the cygwin-curr,
or post a read me explaining the work-around.

Of course this is just an idea, and I do not have the time or the knowledge
of how setup.exe works to implement it.

-Bill