Re: Latest TCL/TK breaks Python's tkinter

At 03:15 PM 1/31/2003 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 02:34:29PM -0500, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>>>It's strange that every new release of tcl/tk breaks all past programs
>>>which rely on it.
>>
>>I would not say that this is strange.  The tcl/tk that is in cygwin, is
>>only for insight/gdb, as the comment says.  It is not a full
>>distribution of tcl/tk.  See the thread "tclsh83.exe should be
>>cygtclsh83.exe".
>
>Who do you think releases tcl/tk?  I don't know why you'd think that I
>don't know what's going on here.  This was basically a *generic*

That is a good question, I assume from the tone of your question, it is you.
However, I searched the cygwin-apps announce for the new release of tcl/tk
and found no mention of it.  There is also no /usr/doc directory for tcl/tk.

I guess I am still a bit upset, that the tcl/tk from setup no longer does
what I need it to do.   The older one was a more complete although very old
release.  I do not think that a tcl/tk release meant only for python and gdb
is a very general solution.   And there is a complete port of tcl/tk that works
with cygwin, so why not use that one.

-Bill