Re: Setup hangs repetedly

FWIW, some time ago I thought that setup was hanging regularly while
doing 'Install from a local directory' when the directory was on a network
share.  Then on one occasion I started one such install and got
sidetracked for about 5 hrs.  When I returned to check on this install
I found that it actually had progressed, though a snail would have
outrun it by a fair margin.

Other methods of accessing the same network share showed no lag at
the same time this slow install was 'progressing'.  There's something
about the way I/O is done by setup that made installing from a shared
directory totally unworkable.

This example completed in about 6.5 hrs, installing fewer than 20 pkgs.

Doug