This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: less 378 still not anchoring to \<word\>
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <fredma at sympatico dot ca>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<fma at doe dot carleton dot ca>
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:17:53 -0000
- Subject: Re: less 378 still not anchoring to \<word\>
- References: <3E3CF944.email@example.com>
> I just reinstalled "less" from the cygwin site.
> It still doesn't seem to anchor to word boundaries
> using regex(3) rules i.e. \<SomeWord\> doesn't
> match anything, as does <SomeWord>. I read
> a posting suggesing a solution by using perl
> syntax (apparently):
> That works, but is there a known reason why
> the regex notation doesn't work?
Because less is linked with pcre(3), not regex(3).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html