Re: Can't see full list in setup.exe

Colin Harrison wrote:
> I'm trying to find the snapshot setup-2.303 sources, to make a debug
> build...
> The released sources (2.249.2.5-1) configure on my system but don't
> make.
>
> I'm following instructions:-
>
>>> Try downloading the source for setup and building it from that.
>>> Since you
>>> can't see the packages for some reason, a direct link to the source
>>> tarball is

ftp://archive.progeny.com/cygwin/release/setup/setup-2.249.2.5-1-src.tar.b

>>> Instructions for compiling are at
>>> <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html>. Enjoy.
>
>> That won't work, I'm afraid. The current instructions on that
>> webpage are for building with gcc 3. But setup didn't support
>> building with gcc 3 until recently. You could try the setup-2.303
>> source from the snapshots area. But you cannot easily (at all?)
>> build setup without Cygwin installed.
>
> Note that I can see all the packages on my development system (but am
> building to trace
> the no-show on my production machine)
>
> I've looked in CVS (:pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com) and
> http://cgwin.com/snapshots
> Am I looking in the correct areas?

You should look more closely at the instructions webpage. It contains the
correct cvs location:
"cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps co setup"

Alternatively, snapshot source tarball is at
http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/.

Max.