This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug: cygwin-1.3.19-1 after instaling user is not properly resolved
- From: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: Anton Avramov <aavramov at openlinksw dot bg>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:55:18 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
- Subject: Re: Bug: cygwin-1.3.19-1 after instaling user is not properly resolved
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Anton Avramov wrote:
> After instaling upgrading to cygwin-1.3.19-1 the user is not properly
> istead of the old promp username@computer. I get ?щ"@computer or some other
> strange asccii codes.
> The home directory is set to /cygdrive/c
> if i start bash from the already running bash, it's starts working normaly
Sounds like your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files are out-of-date.
$ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
$ mkgroup -l > /etc/group
Unless you are on a Windows domain, in which case you will need other
options to mkpasswd and mkgroup.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html