This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Andrew Chang" <awc at bitmover dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:03:13 -0000
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- References: <200302031914.h13JE6g22439@work.bitmover.com>
Andrew Chang wrote:
> I have a situation in which a cygwin app created a file, chmod it to
> then we have a win32 app chomd the same file to writable (0644).
> In cygiwn 1.3.12, the new write permission would show up in the
> cygwin "ls -l" command. In cygwin 1.3.19-1, the write permission is
> not visible in cygwin "ls -l", but if I go to the Explorer, it would
> show the file as writable.
> Originally I thought is was a cache delay problem, but it never
> caught up.
> Rebooting XP does not help either.
> Did the permission code changed somewhere between cygwin 1.3.12 and
> 1.3.19-1 ?
> It there something I can do to make them sync up again ?
> (Note: I also tried "CYGWIN=ntsec", it does not help).
Ntsec is ON by default now. Did your /etc/passwd and investigate
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html