This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with OpenSSH (daemon), mapped drives, and pubkey auth
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:24:37 -0000
- Subject: Re: Problem with OpenSSH (daemon), mapped drives, and pubkey auth
- References: <3500515B75D9D311948800508BA37955014BD829@EX-LONDON>
> Its a know problem, when you log in via pub key the tokens needed for
> network authentication are not created (a simplification but I cant
> all the details) the same goes for any passwordless login (rsh etc with
> .rhost files etc). Since your automating I'd assume you have blank pass
> phrases on your keys, so you could try using an expect script (package
> expect) to automate entering passwords without lowering your security too
> much more.
> > Is this a known problem? Does anyone have a work-around for it?
You could use expect to automate this, would have to put your password in
the expect script but is a work-around. If this is appealing look at `man 1
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html